To increase awareness and understanding of Arc Flash hazard and risk control in the workplace.
- Arc flash hazard, including its causes, and the risks to OH&S and the wider business
- The fundamental legal duties imposed on employers, the self-employed, designers and employees relating to arc flash
- The applicability of Irish and globally-recognised standards and guides to arc flash risk assessment and risk control
- The comprehensive 4P approach to arc flash risk assessment and risk control
- Criteria relating to the selection and use of arc rated PPE
- Myths and misconceptions relating to arc flash
- Mitigation techniques
About the course
Arc flash is perhaps the least understood, and yet one of the most dangerous hazards in the workplace. This training course sets out to raise awareness and understanding of this hazard, and its potentially very grave consequences for both worker safety and the wider business. It discusses the main legal duties of employers and managers who have responsibility for electrical work, and the role of published standards and guides therein by reference case law. Training also includes detailed discussion of the factors to be taken into account during risk assessment, and the measures essential to mitigate arc flash risks.
Gain CPD points
0.5 CPD points may be claimed on completion
Who should attend
Employers; the self-employed; engineering managers, supervisors, electrical engineers and electrical tradespersons and technicians; designers of electrical networks.
How to book
Call +353 (0)1 810 5032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org